The 10 user-generated content stats that all marketers need to know in order to successfully work with brand influencers, improve brand loyalty, and increase eCommerce sales.
UGC and Brand Loyalty
- 92% of consumers turn to people they know for referrals above any other source.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from their personal contacts
- Word-of-mouth marketing generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising.
UGC and Brand Influencers
4. Influencer marketing is the fastest-growing channel for customer acquisition.
5. 82% of consumers said they were highly likely to follow a recommendation made by a micro-influencer.
6. 76% of marketers consider influencer engagement effective in garnering customer loyalty.
UGC and Millennials
7. 59% of millennials claim that they use UGC to inform their purchase decisions about major electronics. That’s followed by cars (54%), major appliances (53%), mobile phones (46%), hotels (45%), and travel plans (40%).
8. 65% of social media users from ages 18–24 evaluate information that is shared on social networks when making a purchasing decision.
9. Millennials (ages 25 and above) are the biggest content drivers — contributing over 70% of all UGC.
10. 68% of millennials say that user-generated content is generally a good indicator of the quality of a brand or service.